Piermont Library is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our front desk staff.
The P/T Clerk performs general duties related to the circulation of library materials using the SymphonyWeb ILS. Other responsibilities include shelving and organizing materials by specific classification systems, and assisting users in the use of library equipment. May included all other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Places telephone calls to request and give routine information;
- Answers telephone and directs callers;
- Operates a variety of office machines in the performance of clerical work, such as photocopy, fax machine, scanner, etc.
- Fills requests for library card applications, forms, cards, etc;
- Collects money for various fees, printing, faxes;
- Issues, receives and renews library materials;
- Issues form letters and notices;
- Shelves and pulls books;
- All work is technology-heavy and requires proficiency in computer use
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Other requirements include customer service skills, the ability to multitask, written and oral communication skills, possession of strong computer skills (i.e. Google Workspace), ability to memorize and retain detailed processes and instructions, and attention to detail. Physical conditions are commensurate with the demands of the position, including standing, bending and lifting. Previous library experience is a plus but not required.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: Please submit all requested application materials no later than July 1, 2023; Applications will be considered as they are received and the position may be filled if a suitable candidate is found prior to July 1, 2023. Hired applicant will start August 1st, 2023.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position has a schedule of evening and weekend hours. The schedule is Monday and Wednesday evenings from 4pm to 8pm and Saturdays from 9:30am to 4pm weekly plus the option to cover additional shifts as needed/if desired.
SALARY & BENEFITS: $14.20 per hour (to go up to $15/hr Jan. 1, 2023). Paid sick time accrual is immediate. Paid vacation time offered after 6 months of employment. No additional benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and completed Rockland County Application to email@example.com. Applications will not be considered unless all requested elements are sent. No phone calls please.