Piermont Library is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our front desk staff. We are looking to hire two (2) people for this position.
The P/T Library Clerk performs general duties related to the circulation of library materials using the Enterprise library management system (i.e. checking in and out materials, processing holds, renewals, billing, and other library user requests). Other responsibilities include shelving and organizing materials, and assisting users in the use of library equipment. All other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Places telephone calls to request and give routine information;
- Answers telephone and directs callers;
- Operates a variety of office machines in the performance of clerical work, such as photocopy, fax machine, scanner, etc.;
- Fills requests for applications, forms, cards, etc.,
- Answers routine questions for completing them;
- Issues library cards and collects money;
- Issues, receives and renews library materials;
- Issues form letters and notices.
Possession of a high school/equivalency diploma. Strong computer skills (i.e. MS Office, email management, Google Workspace). Other requirements include customer service skills, the ability to multitask, written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail. Physical conditions are commensurate with the demands of the position, including standing, bending and lifting. Previous library experience is a plus but not required. Graphic Design affinity a plus.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled. Hired applicant will start immediately.
WORK SCHEDULE: work schedule to be discussed if chosen to interview; applicant MUST be available weekend (9-4pm) and evening hours until 8pm ~12hrs per week +plus coverage as needed
SALARY & BENEFITS: $12.50 per hour. No benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and completed Rockland County Application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be collected until position is filled.