Piermont Library is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our front desk staff.
The P/T Library Clerk performs general duties related to the circulation of library materials using the Enterprise library management system (i.e. checking in and out materials, processing holds, renewals, billing, and other library user requests). Other responsibilities include shelving and organizing materials, and assisting users in the use of library equipment. All other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Places telephone calls to request and give routine information;
- Answers telephone and directs callers;
- Operates a variety of office machines in the performance of clerical work, such as photocopy, fax machine, scanner, etc.
- Fills requests for applications, forms, cards, etc., and answers routine questions for completing them;
- Issues library cards and collects money;
- Issues, receives and renews library materials;
- Issues form letters and notices;
Applicants should be at least 16 years of age; highschool students are welcomed to apply. Strong computer skills (i.e. MS Office, Google Workspace). Other requirements include customer service skills, the ability to multitask, written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail. Physical conditions are commensurate with the demands of the position, including standing, bending and lifting. Previous library experience is a plus but not required.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled. Hired applicant will start immediately.
WORK SCHEDULE: this position has a schedule of Saturday 9:30am-4pm and Monday evenings from 4pm-8pm every week plus the option to cover additional shifts as needed/if desired.
SALARY & BENEFITS: $13.00 per hour. Paid sick time accrual after 6 months of employment. Paid vacation time offered after 6 months of employment. No additional benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and completed Rockland County Application to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applications will be collected until position is filled.