Field Goods Weekly Produce Delivery to the Piermont Community
Dennis P. McHugh Piermont Public Library Introduces Field Goods Weekly Produce Delivery to the Piermont Community.
Founded five years ago, Field Goods is a one-of-a-kind subscription-based business that delivers freshly harvested local fruit and vegetables to employees and consumers at workplaces and community locations. Dennis P. McHugh Piermont Public Library is the first open-to-the public pick-up site in Rockland County.
How it works:
- Field Goods subscribers receive 5 to 8 different types of fruits and vegetables each week, sourced from over 80 small farms – the majority are located in the Hudson Valley. Weekly add-on options include local artisan bread, pasta, local cheese, extra fruit and more. A weekly e-newsletter, In the Bag, provides tips and recipes as a helpful guide for preparing the produce. Customers sign up online at Field-Goods.com, and can put their account on hold and restart it at any time.
- Weekly or biweekly produce subscriptions cost $15, $20, $25 and $30, plus an additional $2 fundraiser to support the library. To sign up, click here https://www.field-goods.com/member/subscribe/products?locationId=925&productSelection= and then follow the prompts.
- Pickup will be at Dennis P. McHugh Piermont Public Library, 25 Flywheel Park West, Piermont, NY
- Orders must be picked up on the day of delivery.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“With Field Goods, we have created a new channel of food distribution that supports small farmers and healthy eating,” explained Donna Williams, Field Goods founder and president. “Our customers love how we help them discover new vegetables with tips, recipes, fun anecdotes, and exciting anticipation of what’s coming in the bag.”
Research attests to Field Goods’ healthy results. The Sage Colleges Nutrition Science Department’s 2014 research study reveals a direct correlation between Field Goods and healthier diets, increased satisfaction with eating habits, and saving time and money on grocery shopping.
The Field Goods Story
Field Goods is a rapidly growing company in the position to reinvent food distribution. Located in Athens, NY, a small Hudson River town in Greene County, our company was started in 2011 with an old station wagon, two employees, and 60 customers. We’ve now grown to service eastern New York State, including the New York metro area, western CT and MA, and northern NJ.
Our distribution model provides numerous benefits to the community while reducing food waste and supporting sustainability. Consumers gain convenient access to local produce on a regular basis along with information that motivates them toward a healthier lifestyle. Employers benefit from a wellness program that is truly effective in changing the habits of their employees. Small farmers benefit from selling their unique products to a new market at a fair price, and the environment benefits from drastically reduced emissions!
Field Goods was recognized for its hiring of workers with disabilities, and received grants from Greene County Economic Development, the New York State Capital Region Economic Development Council competition, and the USDA for its work to support agriculture and create jobs in an economically disadvantaged area. Field Goods is a certified New York State Women-Owned business.