NOW AVAILABLE TO BORROW WITH YOUR PIERMONT PUBLIC LIBRARY CARD: NOOK SIMPLE TOUCH E-READERS WITH GLOWLIGHT
Popular titles are already loaded onto the library’s NOOKS.
Library NOOKS circulate for a loan period of 2 weeks.
Who can borrow a library NOOK?
Piermont Public Library cardholders in good standing, age 18 years and older
How does one borrow a library NOOK?
- Simply present your valid, adult Piermont library card at the front desk
- Carefully read and sign the Agreement form
- Check out the NOOK as you would a book
See below for a complete list of NOOK loan rules.
Dennis P. McHugh Piermont Public Library NOOK Loan Rules
- Each Nook Simple Touch e-reader (hereafter referred to as “e-reader”) may be borrowed by Piermont Public Library cardholders 18 years and older in good standing for a loan period of two weeks. (Good standing means that the card is not blocked for any reason-fines too high or anything else that suspends borrowing privileges.)
- Only one e-reader at a time may be checked out on one card.
- The overdue fine for the e-reader is $10.00/day.
- There are no renewals of the e-reader.
- The e-reader must be returned to Piermont Public Library.
- The e-reader cannot be returned in the outdoor book drop.
- The fine for returning the e-reader in the book drop or to another library is $25.
- Any damage incurred as a result of improper return will be the responsibility of the borrower.
- If the Nook Simple Touch e-reader becomes overdue for seven days or more, the borrower will be blocked and a $119 replacement fee will be charged.