Piermont Library is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our front desk staff.
The P/T Clerk performs general duties related to the circulation of library materials using the SymphonyWeb ILS (i.e. checking in and out materials, processing holds, renewals, billing, and other library user requests). Other responsibilities include shelving and organizing materials, and assisting users in the use of library equipment. Other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Places telephone calls to request and give routine information;
- Answers telephone and directs callers;
- Operates a variety of office machines in the performance of clerical work, such as photocopy, fax machine, scanner, etc.
- Fills requests for applications, forms, cards, etc., and answers routine questions for completing them;
- Issues library cards and collects money;
- Issues, receives and renews library materials;
- Issues form letters and notices;
Applicants should be at least 18 years of age. Other requirements include customer service skills, the ability to multitask, written and oral communication skills, possession of strong computer skills (i.e. MS Office, Google Workspace) and attention to detail. Physical conditions are commensurate with the demands of the position, including standing, bending and lifting. Previous library experience is a plus but not required.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled. Hired applicant will start immediately.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position has a schedule of evening and day hours up to 17.5 hours per week. Currently, the schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 5-8pm and Fridays 930-5pm weekly but it is open to adjustment. Option to cover additional shifts as needed/if desired.
SALARY & BENEFITS: $14.00 per hour. Paid sick time accrual. Paid vacation time offered after 6 months of employment. Library participates in PFL coverage and employees are eligible for NYSLRS. No additional benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and completed Rockland County Application to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applications will be collected until position is filled.